Thursday, July 5, 2007

Someday, Someway

Today one of my collegues suggested that we should have a potluck.
Well, I supported her with all I had. Who wants to miss on the chance (or should I say golden oppurtunity) of having a variety of dishes in one meal.
Just one thing stopped me from saying ' Let's have it tomorrow'. The only problem is that even I am expected to bring in something. On top of that, something palatable. Now let me assure you, I am a gourmet. Believe me. But not a cook. I can't cook for the life of me. Sometimes I blame it on my busy schedule, at other times on the fact that cooking requires patience and I am not cut out for that.
So the bottomline is, I am a pathetic cook. A total waste when it comes to cooking. Leave alone conjuring up something pleasing to the taste buds, I can't come up with something to survive on.
I am sure that if I offer some dish of mine to some hungry, severly malnutritioned soul from a drought hit area, he would prefer dying after the first bite. I would have tried this but for the fear of being sued for inciting suicidal tendencies.
I have seen some of my friends stepping up to this great challenge of life. They are pretty decent cooks now. May be someday I too will be. Someday, Someway.

No comments: